Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is the World Out of Single Men?


It was kind of amusing to know the fact that while I was writing an article about single successful women having affair with married men, it was actually happening right under my nose. Maybe I did hit it at the right time.
A few days ago I went to see this good friend of mine who works in a place not too far from where I was working for a lunch at a medium class restaurant not too far from both of our workplace. Why I chose that place was probably quieter than any other restaurants around since the food was rather expensive for a luncheon to begin with. But, anyway I fancy the indulgence once in a while, and plus, the food is good too.
So there we were sitting and talking like old friends does, and we also start asking about each other’s love life. That was when she confessed of her intimate affair with a man, who is someone else’s husband. I kept my cool and try to react as professional as I can. She was pretty and I kinda of understand why she has resorted to this kind of love relationship, but I couldn’t help myself wondering if it’s all worthwhile. She was of higher rank in position than the guy and all I can think of is him using her.
I may not know how it feels like, truly but I can imagine ‘if’ the person I’m in love with is a married man, what would I do? What would you do? Is it a point of no return? Is love always this cruel? There goes the string of questions.
Honestly, I can’t say she’s in the wrong or right, but one thing I can say is that we human are stronger than we think we are. And we’re strong enough to walk away from all these problems and live a problem-free life. Why want to mess with other people’s life if someday we get ours messed up back? Like the old rocker saying - what we give we get back right? You can’t say it’s fate either. Because I believe we have the power to change it still, as long as we breathe. The choice is totally ours. Yes, of course you may love him with all you’ve got but let’s face it - he’s some other people’s property, and virtues stated that you shouldn’t trespass on other people’s property.
And then again back to the question - is the world out of single men? Not, but the world may be lack of eligible and single men with good life’s prospect. I think I’ll discuss that in another writer’s block in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment